Monday, December 19, 2011

Maybe Christmas, Perhaps, Means a Little Bit More!

I remember my mom mentioning how tiring it was to prepare for Christmas.  I also remember rolling my eyes when she mentioned it (teenagers are so supportive).  Christmas should be about joy and anticipation...right?

I still believe that it SHOULD be about those things..but I now understand how easy it is to get amped up!  The decorations, the malls, the tree, the lights on the tree, the CARDS, the whole lot of it.  As I slowly turn into my mother...I am infinitely more grateful for her work to make our Christmases so jolly!

Despite my tiredness and griping (Christmas grinchiness, if you will) -  I believe that decorating for the holidays is well worth the time spent.*  This year we have a very pretty tree covered in white lights (an ode to the Richardsons - who we will miss this Christmas).  It is also covered with ornaments that have meaning to us and ours:  Tack and my first Christmas ornament a gift from Juba and Stuart - pictures of little Tacka through grade school - ornaments painted by my grandmother - an ornament from our honeymoon - and the list goes on!  There are many reminders of our blessings from the past years - and available space for new reminders! 


*Tacka please remind me of this post when the griping commences next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment