Thursday, June 23, 2011

No. Try not. Do or Do not. There is no Trying.

About a month ago, my gym announced that Billy Blanks was coming to Old Town Sport and Health to teach a few TaeBo Classes!  I know, what a Coup!  (Coincidentally, BB is promoting a new work out that incorporates EVIL “cardio resistance bands”  into the traditional Tae Bo work out.   This leads me to believe that it was less of a coup and more of a stop on a long promo tour – but let’s not split hairs. )

Even though I just started Tae Bo class – and typically look like an idiot with a leg twitch – I decided to sign up!  This decision was followed by a lot of anxiety about looking bad front of Billy Blanks.   I shared this fear with my sister.  Our exchange went something like this:

Me:  “Juba, I need to prepare for Billy”
Juba:  “Yeah,  you should purchase a Billy Blanks DVD to practice.  If that fails go to lululemon and get a cute TaeBo outfit.”

Advice noted.

This Saturday was this big event.  Billy Blanks was everything that I expected and more.   He introduced the packed class to his EVIL cardio resistance bands, did a little traditional TaeBo, and ended with a motivational speech!  I cant share all of his wisdom in this post.  However, the title of this blog post is just a little teaser.

“No. Try not. Do or Do not.  There is no Trying."
                          - Billy Blanks and Yoda

I know what you are thinking…what do Billy Blanks and Yoda have in common?

1.       Yoda trained Luke Skywalker.  Billy Blanks has trained…me and Maura, my good friend.
2.       Yoda is bald.  Billy Blanks is Bald.
3.       You can watch Yoda on DVD.  Billy Blanks is also on DVD.



Enough said.  Thanks Billy!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you wore your lululemon outfit! i love it.

    ReplyDelete