Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fellow Bloggers (or Lawyers)....

I noticed this morning that brilliant friend and blogger, chelsea, sites her photos. Honestly, it never occurred to me to site pictures that I find on the Internet.  Since I fancy myself a detective...I googled "public domain."  For the record, things found on the Internet are not necessarily in the public domain....they are just in the public. (Note to self:  Even though you watch a lot of Law and Order - you are not a lawyer or a detective)

Am I unknowingly committing a blogging faux pax?  or worse copyright infringement?

Thanks in advance for your input and/or free legal advice!

PS. I am going to be so disappointed if I have to site sources - it is like college all over again.  grrrr.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the legality of it- but I do think it's considered courtesy among those on the interwebs :)

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. You need to update this here blog. Please and thank you.

    xo - Chels

    ReplyDelete